Sunday, April 19, 2009

These are the people in my neighborhood

I thought I'd take a moment to upload my latest show pictures from the last show we did before we head off to Akron, Ohio for Adventures in Stamping this weekend.  Last post I mentioned I wanted a new smaller sign to fit in with my Wall O' cards backdrop.  I will be picking up my new sign on tuesday, right before we leave for Akron.  

Here is a picture of the digital version of the sign. I am very curious to see how the sign will turn out compared to its little digital version.  So while I was in "new sign mode" I somehow diverted to "new logo mode" and managed to wrangle a super special doodle out of Irene.  It's Doodle ME! (o.k.. a cuter, thinner, younger me, but me none the less!)  I'm totally jazzed about being doodlized.  Granted she was kind to me and took some liberties, but you will notice a few of my features.. such as my straight blonde hair, blue eyes, full lips and a round nose.  

and here she ("I") am digitalized and ready to be printed on our new sign:


I will post follow up photos  of our booth with the new sign in Akron when we get back.  

Our previous show was in Allentown, PA.  I had some extra help for this show: 

My beautiful niece in all her Starving Artistamps accoutrements. 
She loves to do shows with me and this show she was especially helpful. 
She and I unloaded the entire trailer by ourselves during a bit of drama
when my sister realized she was missing her wallet and spent the first 
couple of hours of show set up on the phone canceling all her credit and bank cards. 
(post script: she dropped her wallet before we even left home, the police
called her monday morning. No cash was in it but she did get her coach wallet,
 drivers licence, photos, and all her now canceled cards back.)
 

Booth shot after set up was complete.

Oh, so the title to my post.. These are the people in my neighborhood
(my fellow stamp vendors friends)

This is Sam.  Sam is so cool.  I call him "other John" ... actually, I call him and his wife  Debbie 
"other us" because so many things about them reminds me of John and I.  We have the same
taste in products, the same over stuffed booth philosophy. The same affinity for big black trucks and pimped out custom trailer set ups.  I especially adore Sam because John and him get along like peas and carrots.  

Here are some other stamp gypsies I adore...

MaryKay, the brilliantly talented owner of Stamp Camp rubber stamps. She has a fabulous
eye for stamp designs, definitely worth checking out her wonderful line of stamps.


This is Kathy of Sea Side Stampin' ink.  They are out of Maryland and put on 
The coolest annual stamp show in Ocean city, Maryland. It goes on on the same
weekend as a HUGE car show. All weekend are hot rods and vintage cars crusing up and down the main road. Lots of  traffic and exhaust fumes in the air but super fun to do.  
(plus there are DOLPHINS in the ocean there, that alone would inspire me to go... the crabs are a good bonus too!)
This year we are talking about crashing at Kathy and Joe's (meet Joe below) house for the show.  And all we have to do is bring them a couple dozen NY bagels... can you say sweet deal!

This is Joe, Kathy's husband.  He looks like a big ol' teddy bear here but sometimes he sports  a Harley doo rag and other Harley gear and then he looks like a bad-a** biker dude.  He also loves the guitar so I suppose we will be doing some jamming while we are crashing there. (him more the jamming , me more the scratching out some sort of tune with my rudimentary guitar playing skills.

This is actually a pic of John from the show in Philly.  
I figured I would throw it in here because my husband is so darn cute an all.


4 comments:

Muffin said...

Wow, how great to be doodled!:) Is that you on the picture with Joe? I still don't know what you look like, not fair since you know what I look like...:)
Have a great weekend, T!

Donna said...

Love, love, LOVE the doodlized version of you!

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG - I can't decide which I like more - your adorable banner or your adorable hubby! :)

Seriously the banner is so sassy and it looks just like you!! I love it!

And your booth is amazing - it's HUGE.

Good luck. As you can see, I'm behind on my Google Reader! :)

Donna Baker said...

I totally adore your Doodlized You! I saw it on the SA store first. Thanks for sharing what you see at the show & the awesome people you meet. Your niece is adorable & so glad your sister got her wallet back!