Sunday, December 6, 2009

2 sketches Angel card

I really wanted to participate in the 2 sketches challenge since we are sponsoring this week and today is the last day. (FYI the prize this week is a complete collection of our Nativity set and coordinating sentiments AND a full pack of Sakura pens. Total value for this prize package is over $60.00!)

I started my card with the idea that I wanted to use a big glittery silver snowflake. I have been in a huge snowflake mood lately (stop back tomorrow for the blog hop and you will see just how many snowflakes I have used on my cards!) All the snowflakes are spellbinder dies. I used a mix of different flakes from 3 different sets. I used our 4" wide Stampers Magic tape to cover a piece of cardstock. Then ran that thru my cuttlebug with asst. snowflake dies. I had to use a couple of sheets of extra cardstock to shim it up and make it cut all the way through, but as you can see it worked. Once I had them all cut I mounted each layer using 1/8" thick POP tape.

I learned with my first snowflake its better to attach the parts together before you glitter it as it makes a stronger bond. So I layered each layer peeling off the liner so that each part was sticky. Once the whole thing was assembled and each layer was sticky. I dumped a container of ultra-fine silver glitter on it. I used a brush to dust off all the excess from the nooks and crannies.

I also made the glitter stripes using Stampers Magic Tape in 1/8" wide. I just ran the double sided tape where I wanted it and then added the silver glitter, again brushing off the excess. I love using the tapes for glitter stripes. Its much cleaner than using glues and the layer is even and not lumpy.

Products used:
Stampers magic POP! tape:
http://starvingartistamps.com/stampers_magic_pop_tape.html
Stamps: DoodleFactory O' Holy Night Angel:
http://starvingartistamps.com/o_holy_night_3.html
Stampers Magic Tape:
http://starvingartistamps.com/stampers_magic_tape.html

Visit with us tomorrow for our new release DoodleFactory Artic BLOG HOP and ONE DAY ONLY BLOG CANDY!! The hop will be on the company blog and can be viewed anytime after 11am. www.starvingartistamps.blogspot.com

No comments: