Monday, October 19, 2009

I did a bad bad thing..

I am a bad blogger!

Here are some of the cards I forgot to load up back when we released the new Prehistoric and Into the Woods stamp sets. I have probably another 12 parrot cards that I will do my best to upload later today.




Most of these cards feature a technique I like to call "flat layers" its sort of like paper piecing but the goal is not to layer papers but to make a subtly dimensional card. I used 110- 120# cardstock for my layers. I start with the base image and then work my way up. I don't know if you can see in these photos but even cave dad's tooth is a layer! In person it make them look alive!

(Flat layers: ferns, Dino, and snake)







Thanks for stopping in. Stop by tomorrow for our new release blog hop!
Its going to be a blast!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Amazing cards Tracey!! I especially LOVE the glow on the characters from the fire!! SOO smart!!