Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Welcome to the Starving Artistamps Final frontier blog hop!

We are so excited to be presenting you with the newest collection in our DoodleFactory line...

DoodleFactory Final Frontier


You are going to want to visit all the stops on our hop because someone is giving away a complete unmounted set of the new release for blog candy! We are keeping the blog candy open for one day only so your chances of winning are even better! (blog hop ends October 21st, 11am PST). If you just can't wait to get your hands on the new Final Frontier set don't worry you can order it starting now and if you are our lucky winner we will let you substitute another set of equal value instead!

If you have arrived here all by yourself and are just finding
out about the blog hop please start at the beginning:

Andrea Cloutier http://andreasscraps.com/


This set was SO MUCH FUN to play with.
If you are looking for a feel good collection of images, or maybe you want to do some boy themed cards, or perhaps some "go green" cards, this set has a lot to offer!

This first card is a shout out to my peeps over in
Sweden...Nina and Eva this one's for you!


This one isn't quite a card, I think its more of an free standing art piece. It is over 8" tall.
I knew from the moment Irene made us this giant earth I wanted to make this. I didn't at the time realize how large it was going to be but I think it turned out cool. It was definitely a labor of love! There are 16 mini Doodles, not quite every mini we have but almost. I used Mini's from the Animals, Creatures and the Final Frontier set. All of them are cut out by hand and mounted on foam risers for dimension.

The headline is a quick kutz die alphabet, the insides are empty but they do come with the inserts if you want to put them in, I opted for keeping them clear inside for special interest.

Here is how all those little mini's started out life:


This robot card is pretty straight forward.
Lots of dimensions on here with several heights of popping up!

After all the crazy little details in the big card I needed to take it down a notch and did this
very simple but still snazzy single layer (almost) card. I think the key to doing these simple cards is using quality papers, I used 120# card stock for my base and moon and it really made a difference to the overall appearance of this card.

this was a "left overs" card, I put it together because I had that mini spuddy in the rocket already made. The rocket is from our DoodleFactory Urban set. Its a simple single layer (almost) card. Again just some 120# cardstock, copics and some more images on top.

This clear card was fun to make. I love doing clear cards. The alien is mounted inside the front of the card. I used our Stampers magic tape sheets to add adhesive to the entire top of the image, it is so sheer and clear when you attach it to the acetate you can't see it at all.

Here is a shot of the top of the card and a peek at the hidden sentiment
(from the urban 2 sentiment set)

Thanks for stopping by!
Now it's time to head on over to Donna 's blog for your next stop:


56 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome creations Tracey!!

Tanja said...

I love your cards- this set is so funny and I think just perfect for "love" notes or boy-ish cards

DoodleFactory said...

omg, I cannot get over your 'we are the world' mini extravaganza card. That is 1000000x awesome and just makes me LOL.

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow! That big globe card is fabulous!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Awesome! I just love all the critters around the world, very creative.

hugs,
Tanya
http://trudd.blogspot.com/

Sandra MacLean said...

Tracey!!! How many hours did that card take?!? All those little guys colored and cut out and arranged around the earth?!? That is seriously a labor of love! I really love the first card - great idea!!

Juliana said...

WOWSA!!!
FUN STUFF, T!!!!
These are truly awesome!

Andrea said...

I love them especially the big card!

Donna said...

T!!!! Your "dare to be different" card is amazing! I mean all your cards are great, but that one...WOW!

Unknown said...

It was many many hours. It was very much a labor of love.

Mary Giles said...

Wow these are amazing! I love your project with all the creatures around the world and those last two cards are a perfect alien scene.

dawnmercedes said...

I love the "free standing art." Your customers are going to flip out over it too!

Susan said...

my favorite one is the aliens around the globe. ideal!

Jenn said...

WOW~ these are all awesome!

jan farnworth said...

wow look at all the work and detail great job.

Rachel said...

Just awesome!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Ok What you did with the mini's is the coolest thing ever! Beth aka BR-T

Rachel said...

This is the set I have been waiting for. My 5 year old and I are going to have so much fun with this. Who will be more excited... him or me?

Michelle VP said...

What an amazing group of cards! Love your free-standing art with the mini doodle guys. All of your cards have such great details and coloring. :)

KOstvig said...

very nice I love your Free standing art piece byu the way its very cute

Linda Carson said...

What FUN artwork! Totally creative!

Unknown said...

The "Special" card is amazing!

Tammy said...

What fantastic cards. I love the one for your Sweden friends! So perfect.

Muffin said...

OMG Tracey!! These new stamps are adorable and your cards are just amazing! Seeing the first one I went "oh Sweden, that's funny" and then I read you note...you are such a sweetheart!! ♥
Love all the cards, the one with all the little guys around the world is AWESOME! I am now going to pick my jaw up from the keyboard...:)

KanataNewf said...

especially love the card featuring all the critters...great way to combine the sets.

Nina said...

OMG! Tracey, those cards are AWESOME! Love them - and especially the one for me and Eva, that's soo sweet of you!
GOT TO have those stamps...and the prior set aswell *jumping over to the SA-shop*

About that other stuff you know...I'm working on it, but life is busy right now. Let's have a chat soon, sweetie!

Kimberly S said...

What great projects, and the minis you used on your 'art piece' are just adorable. :)

Chris said...

Very cute projects. Love the free standing art piece!

Leigh OBrien said...

These are all just adorable, Tracey...I'm truly diggin' the earth and all of it's "creatures"! So great!

stamping sue said...

Your cards are fantastic!
stamping sue
stamprsue@aol.com

lorena b. said...

I can't pick a favorite-all your cards rock! The "small" world is outta sight!

Lori said...

Fantastic, Tracey! Love the "dare to be different" card--I can't even begin to imagine all of the time and work that went in to cutting all of those minis . . .

slbt17 said...

WOW! you are certainly industrious! Love your 'Its a Small World' card!
Sandra

kc_froglady said...

OMGosh your earth with all the mini's is amazing! What a true labor of love that one is!

TexasGrammy said...

Such cute, cute cards with this set! Beautiful coloring as well!

~Bev

Pati said...

Very Cool! Esp. Love the minis around the world or "Dare to be different"!! Great coloring and details, wow!

WickedPixie said...

These cards are so fun!! The Earth covered with all of the different critters is AWESOME and amazing!! Love it!! :-)Traci

Randi said...

Beautiful projects!! So inspiring!! That around the world card is INCREDIBLE!! So much detail!! Love the idea!

LindaS said...

OMG those cards are totally cute - I love the earth with all the cuties around - WTG girl.

Susan said...

These cards are amazing. What a cute set.

Cheryl B. said...

Your clear card is rhe best!

Patti P a/k/a Puffdog said...

Absolutely love the 3D minis. This set is just really fun.
Patti P

VicR said...

I LOVE the colors in "Hello Neighbor"!
Fun stamps!

cr8iveme said...

OMG what adorable stamps.

My fave of your cards is "I love you to the moon" and back and "Hello Neighbor"

{{hugs}}
M.E.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are so cute.

AShu93 said...

Those are awesome creations! The farther I scrolled down, the more I found to love. I especially like the hidden sentiment on the clear card.

Lara said...

WOW, that is AMAZING!! Great job!

sunghee said...

love how all those mini creatures go around the world. awesome idea!!!

PeglegDesigns said...

love your work....

Jacilynn said...

I love these great new images. Super cute cards! Love them!

Deb said...

OMGoodness! These are ALL out of this world! Every single one! Love them all, and I am over the moon at the patience it took for you to cut all those intricate pieces out! WOW!

Anne B. said...

Cute cards!

abackman66 at hotmail.com

KimJ said...

Wow! Your cards are amazing! I love the minis. TFS

bast830@comcast.net

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

What a cute idea - gene roddenberry would love it I'm sure!

Juliana T said...

cute cards!

jonder@verizon.net

Anne said...

Wow! Such fun creations!